Are you in need of some inner peace and relaxation? Yoga can bring you clarity of mind, peace, relaxation and a sense of lightness. Yoga, a tradition that is in existence from 5,000 year, is a physical, mental and spiritual practice.
Some people practice yoga for its fitness benefits and yoga can increase strength and flexibility but it also releases tension form your mind and body.
There are some yoga poses that are intrinsically powerful and can push your body’s energy to a higher level. Here we have got you 4 such poses that can peace you out.
Urdhva Hastasana is a standing pose which helps relieving tension in the back, relax stiff shoulders and neck, and gives you a sense of lightness.
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Tighten the thighs to lift the kneecaps.
- Roll your shoulders back.
- Extending the arms forward, lift them up.
- Straighten elbows, wrists and fingers.
- Look forward by keeping your head straight. Hold for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Repeat 3 to 4 times.
Adho Mukha Svanasana
Adho Mukha Svanasana is one of the poses in the Sun Salutation or Surya Namaskara sequence. It helps you calm down your brain and will help relieve everyday stress, depression, and increases flexibility of hips, knees, and ankles.
- Sit on the floor on your hands and knees and place your palms in front of you.
- Lift your knees from the floor and stretch your legs back one at a time, keeping your feet in line with hands.
- Now, spread your fingers and press your palms down.
- Keeping the elbows straight, stretch your arms forward.
- Move your thighs up and push them back. Now raise your butt up to the ceiling.
- With feet point straight, lower down your heels to the floor.
- Relax your head and back of the neck. Hold for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Repeat 3 to 4 times.
Balasana helps in calming down the nerves, lowers blood pressure, releases tension in neck, back, and shoulders.
- Kneel on floor and get on your hands.
- With knees hip distance apart, sit on your heels.
- Touch your big toes together.
- Extend arms and torso forward.
- Rest your forehead on the floor with arms stretched out in front of you
- Lay your hands on the floor and press your butt into heels. Hold for 1 to 5 minutes. Repeat 3 to 4 times.
Savasana is the pose that provides you complete relaxation. It can help you calm down, relieve mild depression, headaches, fatigue, lower down the blood pressure and soothes your nervous system. Corpse pose or savasana can be done in between or at the end of your yoga session.
- Begin by sitting on the floor with bent knees and feet on the floor, leaning back on your arms.
- Slowly stretch out your legs.
- Release your legs and let feet drop to the side.
- Lie on your back with your head resting on the back centre of the skull.
- Release the arms and turn those outwards, resting the back of the hands on the floor.
- Let the eyes sink to the back of the head. Hold for 5 to 10 minutes.