The Best Gym Workout Routine for Men to Gain Muscle
In the article, The Best Bodybuilding Routine for Beginners, we gave you the best workout routines for aspiring bodybuilders. We know that you pro gym goers were feeling left out.
That is why we have got the best gym workout routine for men of steel — 5 Days Workout Split. This workout routine is hardcore resistance training minus all the cardio.
5 Days Workout Routine Split for Men
The routine was made keeping the hard and fast paced life in mind, so that you wonai??i??t miss out your gym even when you are on a tight schedule.
Monday: Shoulders & Triceps
Monday is the shoulder and triceps day. Given are the 7 exercises which you should perform for Mondays.
- Dumbbell Shoulder Press: 4 sets x 15 reps
- Machine Shoulder Press: 4 sets x 8 reps
- Seated Behind-The-Neck Press: 4 sets x 10 reps
- Arnold Press: 3 sets x 8 reps
- Close Grip Bench Press: 4 sets x 10 reps
- Seated Dumbbell Triceps Extension: 4 sets x 10 reps
- Triceps Pulldowns: 4 sets x 10 reps
Tuesday: Calves & Abs
Tuesday is the day dedicated to calves and abs. Given are the 9 exercises for you to perform on Tuesday.
- Standing Calf Raises: 4 sets x 15 reps
- Standing Calf Raises: 5 sets x 10 reps
- Calf Press On Leg Press: 4 sets x 10 reps
- Seated Calf Raises: 4 sets x 10 reps
- Abs Contraction: 15 to 20 seconds
- Crunches: 4 sets x 15 reps
- Weighted Decline Crunches: 4 sets x 10 reps
- Oblique Crunches: 4 sets x 10 reps
- Lying Oblique Leg Raises: 4 sets x 10 reps
This day is solely for chest. It will give you a break from the routine too.
- Bench Press: 4 sets x 15 reps
- Bench Press: 5 sets x 10 reps
- Incline Bench Press: 4 sets x 12 reps
- Chest Dips: 4 sets x 10 reps
- Dumbbell Flys: 3 sets x 15 reps
Thursday: Back & Biceps
Aha! Finally a day for the back. Thursday is ai???Backai??? day which is accompanied by bicep too.
- Warmup Lat Pulldowns: 4 sets x 15 reps
- Wide-Grip Pullups: 4 sets x 10 reps
- Bent Over Barbell Row: 4 sets x 10 reps
- Seated Cable Row: 4 sets x 10 reps
- EZ-Bar Curls: 4 sets x 10 reps
- Preacher Curls: 4 sets x 10 reps
- Seated Dumbbell Curls: 4 sets x 12 reps
The (least) favorite day of every bodybuilder!
Donai??i??t worry, we have got you only 5 but powerful exercises that will help you build up your legs too.
- Warmup Squats: 4 sets x 25 reps
- Squats: 5 sets x 20 reps
- Incline Leg Press: 4 sets x 15 reps
- Leg Extensions: 4 sets x 15 reps
- Lying Leg Curls: 4 sets x 15 reps