Confused about what is the best workout routine for you to follow? Well, now you donai??i??t have to worry about it because science will answer this question for you.
This workout routine designed by exercise scientist Jeffrey M. Willdarson of Kinesiology and Sports Studies at Eastern Illinois University is all that you will ever for an ultimate workout.
Dumbbell Front Squats
- Set your feet away from each other at shoulder-width length.
- Hold a pair of dumbbell above your shoulders.
- Bend your elbows and keep them close to your sides.
- Sit into a squat while inhaling deeply and keep your chest high.
- Exhale and come back to the standing position.
Dumbbell Shoulder Presses
- Hold the dumbbells in your hands.
- With your fingers facing forward, move your hands above your shoulders by your ears.
- Soften your knees.
- Now exhale and without them touching, press the dumbbells above your head together.
- Bring back your hands to the original position while resisting the weights.
Barbell Bent-Over Rows
- Send your hips back, hinge your torso at the waist and start bending your knees slightly.
- With your fingers facing them, hang the barbell in front of your legs without dropping your shoulders.
- Now, try to row up the barbell while exhaling. Make sure your shoulder blades are pulled together during rowing.
- Hold the position and then slowly lower the barbell down.
Dumbbell Split Squats
- Hang the two dumbbells, one in each hand, by your sides.
- Now elevate one foot behind you.
- Inhale deep.
- Slightly lean your front leg forward and bend it until it is perpendicular.
- Exhale while straightening the leg.
Dumbbell Chest Press on a Swiss Ball
- Sit on a Swiss ball.
- Rest the dumbbells on your thighs.
- Now push your body forward such that only your upper back is resting on the ball
- Bend your knees at an angle of 90 degrees and keep your feet under them.
- Bring the dumbbells in the chest-press position, with your elbows slightly flared.
- Keeping your hips taut and inhale.
- Exhale and press the dumbbells straight above your chest.
- Now lower the weights while inhaling.
Dumbbell Step Ups
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand at your sides.
- Using a heightened platform, inhale then exhale as you step up with one foot.
- Follow with the other foot such that you will be standing atop the platform.
- Step back down with the same foot.
- Repeat it again, this time with the opposite foot.
Decline Push Ups
- Use a bench as a platform for this.
- Elevate your feet on the bench and position your body into plank position.
- Inhale while lower yourself down.
- Keep your chest toward the ground.
- Exhale and push up.